President Trump signed disaster relief legislation into law, bringing relief to North Carolina’s farmers, communities, and military installations. Since last fall, Senator Tillis has been working with Congressional leaders to ensure our state receives the resources it needs to recover from Hurricane Florence. This funding includes:
• $381 million to repair damages to Marine Corps installations, including Camp Lejeune.
• $1 billion for the Flood Control and Coastal Emergencies account to better support emergency preparation and repairs for floods, hurricanes, and other natural disasters.
• $600 million for the planning and construction of projects to replace facilities damaged by Hurricanes Florence and Michael.
• $2.4 billion for Community Development Block Grants for disasters since 2017, and permits states to interchangeably use funds from Hurricane Matthew for Hurricane Florence.
• $3 billion for farm disaster assistance to cover producers’ losses stemming from the 2018 and 2019 natural disasters.
• $168 million in mitigation dollars, which were appropriated to North Carolina in 2018, to be distributed to the state within the next 90 days.